Varsha Ritu(Rainy Season)
The agni (digestive activity) weakens further and gets vitiated by Vaata. Lack of sunshine as well as a cloudy atmosphere are uncongenial to health. Hence all methods to mitigate doshas and measures to enhance digestive activity should be adopted.
- Easily digestible food to be taken.
- Pulses, meat juice, soups, old grains and mastu (thin water of yoghurt ) can be taken in food.
- Ginger, black pepper and lemon juice may be taken to reinforce appetite.
- Leafy vegetables should be taken sparingly.
- Foods should be hot and light with ghee, curd and honey.
- River water is to be avoided for drinking.
- Perfumes can be used.
- Avoid sleep in the day.
- Avoid exertion and too much exposure to sunlight.
- Avoid bathing in rivers.