Ruchiyana Turmeric Powder-
• Turmeric is the boiled, dried, cleaned and polished rhizomes of Curcuma longa. The plant is a herbaceous perennial, 60-90 cm high, with a short stem and tufted leaf.
• The various varieties of Turmeric are majorly differentiated on the basis of the producing area in India where they are grown. Each variety has a peculiar color shade and flavor.
• In Pitambari, FSSAI standards are abided to attain quality and consistency in Turmeric powder. Turmeric powder made by salem variety is superior in quality, intensively colored and is aromatic in nature and completely unadulterated.
• Turmeric powder is free from mould, living or dead insects, rodent contamination. Moisture content of turmeric powder is not more than 5%. It has curcumin content in the range of 2.5%-3.0%. It adds better colour and taste to various dishes.
1. How Turmeric Powder is prepared?
The fingers and rhizomes of turmeric are boiled separately for 30-40 minutes until bubbles and white fumes come out, then drained and dried in the sun for 10 to 15 days, until they become dry and hard. The dry turmeric then cleaned and polished mechanically in a drum rotated by hand or by power to make powder.
2. What is Curcumin Content?
Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric which has been shown to have a wide range of therapeutic effects. Curcumin is known for its antitumor, antioxidant, anti-amyloid and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is also known as tumeric or curcumin.
3. What is shelf life of Turmeric powder?
Turmeric powder is made hygienically safe conditions so it has 8 months shelf life.
4. Why Salem Variety is used for Turmeric Powder?
Salem variety of turmeric has intense yellow colour and high curcumin content.