Regimen for Month of November & December.
RUTUCHARYA IN HEMANT RITU:
Ayurveda primarily aims at maintaining the health of a healthy individual. To achieve this Ayurveda recommends to follow different diet and lifestyle schedule in each season which helps to maintain the health.
Hemanta ritu starts from mid November and ends in mid January. This falls in southern solastice which is called as visarga kala or dakshinayana in ayurveda. Winter season encompasses dusty environments, drop in the temperature, chilly and cold winds that may lead to the disequilibrium of VATA and KAPHA dosha.
.Diet in Hemant Ritu :
- 1. Sweet, sour and salty taste.
- 2. Heavy and oily food stuff.
- 3. Grains of new crops
- 4. Indian clarified butter
- 5. Dairy products
- 6. Eat carrots,yoghurt,spinach and leafy greens vegetables, Pomegranate, Brussels Sprouts, Kivi fruit, Guava, Grape-fruit
- 7. Include honey in your diet.
- 8. Have warm soups regularly.
- 9. Abundance of healthy fruits and vegetables like Amla, fig, apple, lemon, raisins, spinach, pumpkin, carrots etc. should be consumed.
- 10. Drink warm water throughout the season.
- 11. Consume sugar cane juice and sugar cane as these provide abundant energy and minerals.
- 1. Light and restricted diet
- 2. More pungent and astringent food items.
Lifestyle in Hemant Ritu:
- 1. Regular Oil massage
- 2. Daily Exercise and Yoga
- 3. Use of Woollen clothes
- 4. Footwear should be worn always
- 1. Sleeping during daytime
- 2. Going out in the cold